Sunday, January 13, 2008

Organizing my Marketing

The last week has been a busy one and I didn’t get to work on my marketing much. You see I am not a full time work at home online marketer. I have for the last 27 years run my own small home based business but it is in construction not online marketing. So you see not only do I continue to work a full time job but it is my own business which demands even more time than a typical 9 till 5 job. I am not complaining as I have had opportunities to go work for someone else and realized that though they may have been a great boss I would find it hard to work for anyone but myself. The reason I started to develop an online presence is to be able in a few more years to wind down my brick and mortar business and still be able to make a living. The challenge is always time. Part of what helps some people get more out of a day is organization or the management of their time. I can’t say that I am a poor time manager but I certainly am not as organized as some. It is one of my weaker suits.
So now as I am into this new year I’m thinking about managing my time related to my marketing. You know so much time working with my social networking sites, so much time trying to keep my traffic exchanges going. Making sure I get my ads out, continuing to work at generating leads and learning how to market well. Keeping my web pages up to date etc.
How on earth am I going to do all this? I could farm out some of my work but where can you get a good job for cheap? I mean people who will really work it as if it was theirs and where do you get the money to pay them?
The only thing that I can do for now is organize myself better. I have been thinking about this over the last few days and really have got no where yet. But it is what I must do. I’m asking what time do I have and then trying to figure out how to divvy it up. Well I guess I have my work cut out for me this coming week.
How do you make out it this area? Do you find it easy or hard? Do you have any good ideas?
Add a comment if you can help.
Till next time, HELP!!

No comments: