Sunday, January 20, 2008

My Time Management

Last time in “Organizing my Marketing” I shared how this is one of my weaker areas and I promised to do something about it. How did you make out this week? Me?
I worked on it again and I feel like I’m getting somewhere.
I read this article this week in the Giblink newsletter dated Jan 14th 2008, titled “I don’t have enough time” Here is a part of it. “The underlying principle of time management is "do what's important first." The time management industry has complicated that principle to a fault. There's an "A-B-C" system, a "First Things First" system and theme variations into the night. I say reduce sales time management to one word: ‘YES’.” If you want to read the whole article go to giblink.com/newsletters/. By the way Giblink is a great new social networking site where they say “no one is left behind”. If you’re interested in being a part of a great community working towards the same goals you have then check it out at Giblink .
I thought that the article was right on. We can be pretty lazy and not manage our time at all or we can be rigid and not let anything get in our way of doing what we have set out to do and have no time for anything or anyone that does not fit our plans. Some of you may say that is how it should be but I think people are important and often it is people that mess with our time.
I of course am one of those who is not too rigid sometimes it is, give me anything for an excuse to put off to tomorrow what I could do right now and I know that is way out of line.
In the above mentioned article they also say that “All Marketers are always lamenting the fact that there are too few hours and too many things to do”. Is that true with you? I know it is for me but then I do that about everything.
Well that is not where I was planning to go this week but I thought after last week you would enjoy reading a little more on the topic of managing your time.
Till next time.

No comments: