Sunday, December 16, 2007

When is Enough, Enough?

This morning I woke up to a couple of inches of snow, now a couple of hours later we have 8 inches and I wonder when is enough, enough. No I am not talking about the snow, though that too, but I mean when do you take a break from your marketing? You see for one thing if you have read any of my other articles you know that we have a couple of stores online. If you look at their names "Outdoor Cedars" and "Teaks n More" then you should have an idea of what we are selling. Then when I look outside I think who would buy outdoor furniture today? So can I stop marketing for a couple of weeks or months until it is back in season?
Another thing is you read one articles from marketers who sell themselves as experts in the internet marketing field and they say you have to be doing it every day if you really want to succeed in internet marketing. Then you read or have someone else trying to sell you their system as being able to be on autopilot. You know like the commercial on TV selling something for the kitchen and their slogan is “set it and forget it”.
Well I don’t know about you but I don’t want to have to feel like I have to be at it every day. I mean one of the reasons I started doing this is so I could take life a little easier. Though going south to a little more sun and a lot less snow does seem like a good idea right now. When does that next plane leave anyway? Sorry back on topic. I must have been dreaming there for a minute. O yeah at the same time has anyone truly made money on a “set it and forget it” system?
I have tried in life to approach each day with ‘these are the things I’d like to get done today’ and then at the end of the day I know I rarely can say “wow I got it all done” but I usually can say I know I worked hard and I did my best and I’m content (not always) with that. We all need a break and though I agree we can’t take weeks or months off and then expect to instantly be back where we were. I also think we need to pace ourselves or have a system or the help we need so we can take a break to regenerate ourselves.
This holiday season is a great time to take a break. Are you with me? Yeah I think I’ll take the rest of the day off. Maybe!
Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the season.

No comments: