Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas to all of you!

What are you thinking of at this time of year? Gifts, family, friends, Turkey, big meals, how you’re going to get rid of those pounds and I’m sure the list could go on. For some of you, church might be important as well.
What happens to the business? For me my online stores “Outdoor Cedars” and “Teaks n More” and my online marketing efforts are important. I love to do well and I would love to be unconcerned about money but that is just not the way it is for most of us. We work hard and sometimes too hard for what we get back.
It’s hard for me to take a break. Yes I know it’s important but there is just so much to do or that I want to do. At this time of year I find it easier to take a break (of course after the big Day). Everyone else is, so even if I don’t want to there are a lot less things you can do so I will take a break as well.
For a lot of us this is a time to both reflect on the past and look to the future. This last year there has really been some major changes in my business life. This has affected my personal life but my core has not changed.
I try to not mix my faith with business but for true Christ followers there is no real way of separating them. We are who we are. If you are a Christ follower then what you do and how you do it is affected by your beliefs. You can’t say I believe in honesty but then in your business only tell part of the truth about what you are selling. You can’t see the needy and not do something. What you do and how you do it is a reflection of who you really are.
This time of year is more than a Great Season or a time for a break for me. This is a special time (but not the only time) that I remember Jesus came to earth, to live, to die and that he will come again.
Happy birthday Jesus!
My marketing friends may you discover the true meaning of the Season this year!
Merry Christmas to all of you!

No comments: