Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sometimes a break from Marketing is exactly what we need.

Have you ever got in a funk? Well I’m sure you have. You get off track and it’s hard to get going again. It is just as true as riding a horse or riding a bike. If you fall off you need to get right back on and try again and the longer it takes to get back on and try again the harder it is to do it, right?
Well I have been sort of in a funk when it comes to my marketing lately. I do have an excuse, at least for what got me off track, but the getting back at it well that is, well just been my problem.
The middle of February my wife and I took a trip to Ecuador. We went with a group to help a couple of Churches there. We were there for two weeks and during that time we only had limited access to the internet, a couple of times a week at the most. I almost went into withdrawal. Not only that but my days were very full and so I really had no way of keeping up with things so I said to myself relax it will still be there when you get back, so I took a break. Someone said (my wife) I deserved a break. I am not sure I would go that far but I took it anyway.
Then when I came back I found that for the first week I was far too tired to get into it. Then I just wasn’t inspired. That is when you know you’ve got a problem. Maybe I was having a little pity party for myself I don’t know but any way that is what happened.
So now where am I at? I’m back and ready to go. Sometimes a break is exactly what we need. Sometimes it all gets a bit stale and we need a break to clear our minds and get geared up for a new push. One of the things I have done is look at what I was doing to see if it was working or not. I have cleaned the cupboards a bit and hopefully I will be more productive with what I am going to carry on with. Back a couple of month ago I said I was going to try and be more focused, well I am still working on that one.
Next time I am going to have something I have been working on to share with you.

“Building relationships builds Business”

No comments: